U.S Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Santiago
Event: Changes in Quarantine Measures Announced
***The Embassy will send STEP messages whenever there are changes to quarantine measures announced by the Chilean government***
As of January 7, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 629,176 cases of COVID-19 in Chile.
The government of Chile has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. The following new measures were announced by the Chilean government:
- The downgrading of the following comunas from Phase 4 (Initial Opening) to Phase 3 (Preparation). This includes the closure of cinemas and theaters, as well as indoor dining at restaurants (begins Saturday, January 9 at 5:00 am):
- Copiapo (Region de Atacama)
- Tierra Amarilla (Region de Atacama)
- Los Vilos (Region de Coquimbo)
- La Serena (Region de Coquimbo)
- Coquimbo (Region de Coquimbo)
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 2 (Transition) to Phase 3 (Preparation). This includes the lifting of quarantine on weekends and holidays (begins Monday, January 11 at 5:00 am):
- Ovalle (Region do Coquimbo)
- Mariquina (Region de los Rios)
For a full list of measures implemented by the Chilean government, please visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19. This webpage is updated regularly.
For more information on the Chilean government’s “Paso a Paso” program, and what is permitted during each phase, please visit this website (Spanish only).
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.