Applications Now Open for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA)
January 8, 2020
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opening of the application process for the 2020 Fulbright Teaching and Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA), which brings secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program. The program offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university and at local secondary schools, where teachers observe and share their expertise.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Current secondary-level, full-time teacher of English, English as a Foreign Language, math, science, or social studies (civics, history, geography, global studies, etc.) including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions serving primarily a local population
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of full-time teaching experience
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Citizen and resident of participating Fulbright TEA country
- Other requirements as indicated in the application
An independent review committee will be convened to select participants for the program through merit-based competition.
The call for online applications is now open and the deadline is March 22. More information on the program, deadlines and application forms at Fulbright TEA Program