Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars will take place at various colleges, universities, and institutions throughout the United States over the course of six weeks beginning in or after June 2017. Each Institute includes a four week academic residency component and up to two weeks of an integrated study tour. Posts and prospective applicants are encouraged to visit our website page to obtain general information about the Institutes. The website address is: http://exchanges.state.gov/susi.
Application forms should be downloaded, completed, and mailed to email@example.com Deadline for applying is 11:59PM on Friday, December 23, 2016. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be accepted.
Pending grant approvals, Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars in the summer will be held in the following themes in U.S. Studies:
- American Politics and Political Thought
- Contemporary American Literature
- Journalism and Media
- Religious Pluralism in the United States
- U.S. Culture and Society
- U.S. Foreign Policy
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 and have at least one semester left of college or university
- Demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Have little or no prior travel or study experience in the United States
- Not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Eligible to receive a United States J-1 Visa
To apply, please go to the Fulbright official website.
Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) are academic programs designed to improve their understanding of the United States and to develop their leadership skills.
Institutes include a four-week academic residency consisting of interactive classroom activities, discussions, lectures, readings, site visits, and workshops; a one week educational study tour to a different region of the United States; leadership skills building activities; community service; and opportunities to interact with their American peers on a college campus.
Each Institute includes approximately 20 participants from selected countries. To see more information about SUSI Program, please click here.