October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month which is an annual campaign to raise awareness about cybersecurity. We live in a world that is more connected than ever before. The Internet touches almost all aspects of everyone’s daily life, whether we realize it or not.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to raise awareness about cybersecurity, provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident.
NCSAM 2016 Weekly Themes
Each week in October is dedicated to a specific cybersecurity theme. The themes offer the opportunity for government, industry, and individual citizens to get involved in cybersecurity activities most relevant to them.
- Week 1: October 3-7, 2016 – Every Day Steps Towards Online Safety with the Stop.Think.Connect.™ Campaign
- Week 2: October 10-14, 2016 – Cyber from the Break Room to the Board Room
- Week 3: October 17-21, 2016 – Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
- Week 4: October 24-28, 2016 – Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your ‘App’-titude?
- Week 5: October 31, 2016 – Building Resilience in Critical Infrastructure
For more information, please go to the Department of Homeland Security website.