U.S. Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Local media continue to report of ongoing demonstrations in Iquique and Arica related to security and migration issues. Actions taken as part of the demonstrations have included the blockading of major entry/exit points into Iquique and Arica, and resulted in the suspension of all flights at Diego Aracena International Airport until at least 2:00 pm on Friday, February 11.
Large-scale protests may involve incidents of spontaneous, unpredictable violence and destruction of property. Monitor local media for the most up-to-date information regarding active protests.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates
- Avoid crowds
- Avoid demonstrations
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Carry proper identification
- Contact your airline for information regarding flight delays or cancellations
- U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Specific Information for Chile
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter