U.S Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Santiago
Event: Changes in Quarantine Measures Announced
***The Embassy will send STEP messages whenever there are changes to quarantine measures announced by the Chilean government***
As of October 22, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 497,131 cases of COVID-19 in Chile.
The government of Chile has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. The following new measures were announced by the Chilean government on October 22:
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 1 (Quarantine) to Phase 2 (Transition). This includes the removal of quarantine from Monday-Friday (begins Monday, October 26 at 5:00 am):
- Vallenar (II Region)
- Coihueco (XVI Region)
- Teodoro Schmidt (IX Region)
- Loncoche (IX Region)
- Ercilla (IX Region)
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 2 (Transition) to Phase 3 (Preparation). This includes the lifting of quarantine on the weekends and holidays (begins Monday, October 26 at 5:00 am).
- La Cruz (V Region)
- La Calera (V Region)
- Cerro Navia (RM)
- Pudahuel (RM)
- Macul (RM)
- La Florida (RM)
- Peñaflor (RM)
- Licantén (VII Region)
- San Clemente (VII Region)
- Teno (VII Region)
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 3 (Preparation) to Phase 4 (Initial Opening). This includes the reopening (with limited capacity) of theaters, cinemas, and indoor seating at restaurants (begins Monday, October 26 at 5:00 am):
- Vitacura (RM)
- Peñalolén (RM)
- Alhué (RM)
- Lampa (RM)
- Calera de Tango (RM)
- The downgrading of the following comunas from Phase 3 (Preparation) to Phase 2 (Transition). This includes the reimposition of quarantines on the weekends and holidays (begins Saturday, October 24 at 5:00 am):
- Padre Hurtado (RM)
- Isla de Maipo (RM)
- Calbuco (X Region)
For a full list of measures implemented by the Chilean government, please visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19. This webpage is updated daily, and includes a list of all comunas currently in quarantine.
For more information on the Chilean government’s “Paso a Paso” program, and what is permitted during each phase, please visit this website (Spanish only).
LATAM and American Airlines are currently operating commercial flights between Santiago and the U.S. Contact your airline for any questions regarding rescheduled or cancelled flights.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, Click here and follow the instructions.