U.S Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Event: Changes in Quarantine Measures Announced
***The Embassy will send STEP messages whenever there are changes to quarantine measures announced by the Chilean government***
As of November 16, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 532,604 cases of COVID-19 in Chile.
The government of Chile has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. The following new measures were announced by the Chilean government on November 16:
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 1 (Quarantine) to Phase 2 (Transition). This includes the removal of quarantine from Monday-Friday (begins Saturday, November 19 at 5:00 am):
- Porvenir (Region Magallanes)
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 2 (Transition) to Phase 3 (Preparation). This includes the lifting of quarantine on the weekends and holidays (begins Saturday, November 19 at 5:00 am):
- Coihueco (Region de Nuble)
- Pitrufquén (Region de la Araucanía)
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 3 (Preparation) to Phase 4 (Initial Opening). This includes the re-opening of cinemas and movie theaters, as well as indoor seating at restaurants at limited capacity (begins Saturday, November 19 at 5:00 am):
- Providencia (RM)
- Peñaflor (RM)
- Macul (RM)
- Estación Central (RM)
For a full list of measures implemented by the Chilean government, please visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19. This webpage is updated daily, and includes a list of all comunas currently in quarantine.
For more information on the Chilean government’s “Paso a Paso” program, and what is permitted during each phase, please visit this website (Spanish only).
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
- U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Specific Information for Chile
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter