U.S. Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Santiago
Event: Changes in Quarantine Measures Announced
***The Embassy will send STEP messages whenever there are changes to quarantine measures announced by the Chilean government***
As of December 14, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 573,830 cases of COVID-19 in Chile.
The government of Chile has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. The following new measures were announced by the Chilean government on December 14:
- The upgrading of the following comunas to Phase 4 (Initial Opening). This includes the opening of cinemas, theaters, and indoor dining in restaruants with limited capacity (begins Thursday, December 17 at 5:00 am):
- All comunas in the Atacama Region
- The upgrading of the following comunas from Phase 1 (Quarantine) to Phase 2 (Transition). This includes the lifting of quarantine from Monday-Friday (begins Thursday, December 17 at 5:00 am):
- Punta Arenas (XII Region)
- Beginning Thursday, December 17, curfew in the Magallanes Region of Chile (including Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales) will begin at 10:00 pm instead of 8:00 pm
For a full list of measures implemented by the Chilean government, please visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19. This webpage is updated daily, and includes a list of all comunas currently in quarantine.
For more information on the Chilean government’s “Paso a Paso” program, and what is permitted during each phase, please visit this website (Spanish only).
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
- U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Specific Information for Chile
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter