Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Santiago. The U.S. Mission in Santiago provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
The U.S. Embassy in Santiago implemented the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Embassy in Santiago and to apply online, please visit our ERA site:
Please consult the video in the sidebar to learn how to create a new account and apply.
ERA will help you by:
- Reducing your time completing your application
- Increasing your communication with the mission during the recruitment process
- No more paper applications
What will be changing?
- ALL applicants MUST apply using the internet interface
- ERA will rank applicants using vacancy-specific questions
Please keep in mind that:
- Applications that do not meet the requirements above will not be accepted
- The Embassy does not contact all candidates that have applied for positions
- US Citizens applying for vacant positions do not have preference in hiring
- All applicants must be legal residents of Santiago and be legally eligible to work in the country in order to apply
Who may apply?
Open to: All Interested Candidates – Anyone with Chilean Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply.
Open to: Current Employees of the Mission – Anyone who is currently employed by the U.S. Mission in Santiago may apply. Third Party Contractors are not eligible.
Open to: USEFMs only – Only U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members may apply. USEFMs may also apply to the above “Open to” categories.
For more information, please refer to the Additional Resources sidebar.