Message for U.S. Citizens – June 6, 2017
We are pleased to announce that Consul General Matthew Gillen and Consular Assistant Gabriel Lathrop will be visiting Pucon the week of June 19. Limited services will be offered during this visit. Services will include accepting passport applications, consular reports of birth abroad, notary services for U.S. citizens, inquiries on Social Security Benefits, and any other question related to consular services.
Please check the Embassy’s website for documentary and administrative requirements for these services. Please read the requirements carefully in order to avoid any delays in the processing of your application.
In order to schedule an appointment, please email SantiagoUSA@state.gov. We ask you to please mark the subject line “Consular Services Pucon.”
Please note that, due to the limited equipment available at the off-site, certain restrictions will apply:
· Services will be offered by appointment only.
· Please email your request (name and type of service requested) to SantiagoUSA@state.gov. We will respond to your request with a set time and location. Appointments should be made in the name of the person(s) receiving the service and should specify all services being requested.
· We will only be able to accept U.S. dollars in exact amounts. Please see the Embassy website for fees.
· Receiving your documents via DHL: For your convenience, we can mail your completed passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs) through DHL. Please obtain a prepaid DHL Airway Bill (AWB) prior to your appointment at the nearest DHL location. We regret that we are unable to accept cash for this service.
· Services will only be provided to U.S. Citizens; however, non-citizen parents of U.S. citizen children may make an appointment and appear at the appointment with their children.
We look forward to seeing you there!
For further information:
· See the State Department’s travel website (http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html) for the Worldwide Caution (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html) , Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chile (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/chile.html) .
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Chile (https://cl.usembassy.gov/) , located at Andres Bello 2800, Las Condes, Santiago, at +56 22 330 3000, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +56 22 330 3000.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).