“Student Visas & Documentation: Ask the Experts”

group of students
“Student Visas & Documentation: Ask the Experts”

Do you want to practice English? Find a better job? Experience American culture?

Studying abroad in the United States helps you with all that. Students all over the world study at U.S. colleges, where they tend to also find a chance to travel and meet friends and notables, from business experts to artists to sports figures. And many international students graduate and find that a U.S. degree is highly marketable to future employers.

Start at the beginning

All students need a visa to earn educational credit in the U.S. There are two visa types that will get you here for educational purposes: the student visa (F or M) or the exchange visitor visa (J).

Sound complicated? It really isn’t. You can de-mystify the process by tuning in to the “Student Visas & Documentation: Ask the Experts” webchat on August 27 at 10 a.m. EDT.

Ask your questions about visas directly! You will get expert advice from representatives of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, the Department of Homeland Security’s Student and Exchange Visitor Program, and George Washington University’s International Student Services Office. Get tips on navigating the process so you can get back to focusing on your studies.