- Cashier services at the Embassy may be limited, so you should plan on paying for services with exact change, either in U.S. dollars or Chilean pesos. If you plan on paying Chilean pesos and need to know the current exchange rate, please email SantiagoUSA@state.gov once you have an appointment scheduled
- If you do not have exact change, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment
- If you are requesting an emergency passport for imminent travel to the U.S., you may be asked to submit confirmation of your flight itinerary or tickets in addition to the other documents required
- If you have been contacted by the Social Security Administration regarding a requested service, and have been informed to go to the Embassy, please email SantiagoUSA@state.gov for additional information
- You must schedule an appointment for each individual service. For example, if you are a family of four requesting four passports, you must schedule four services online, not one service. If you schedule only one appointment but are requesting multiple services, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
The American Citizen Services Unit (ACS) welcomes you to Chile and reminds you that serving the interests of U.S. citizens is our top priority. We urge you to sign up with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
The American Citizen Services Section does not handle visa inquires that U.S. citizens may have regarding non-U.S. citizen relatives or friends.
For nonimmigrant visa questions, please contact us through our contact form here.
For immigrant visa questions, please contact us through our contact form here.