Important Notice: Passport services are available by appointment only. Each family member seeking a passport service requires an appointment. Please schedule your appointment on-line at the bottom of the page.
Note: Please print out and submit only one-sided pages of the application forms listed below. Please type or print legibly in black ink when completing all sections of any of the application forms.
Requirements to correct your name or other biographic information.
If your passport was issued with an error in your name or other biographic information due to an misspelling on our part, submit the following to obtain a new passport:
- Your current, valid U.S. passport and a photocopy of the bio page
- Completed Form DS-5504 Application for a U.S. Passport, Name Change, Data Correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement. You can print the form from the Department’s public facing e-Forms webpage to ensure you are using the latest version. Search the form number in the search box at the top of the main page (DS-5504). The form is accessible online using Google Chrome (not Internet Explorer) to open the link.
- Two recent, color Passport Photographs.
- Your original birth certificate or previous expired U.S. passport with the correct information and a photocopy of that document.
- Pre-paid, self-addressed DHL airway bill. (If unable to pick up passport product within five days.)
There is no fee for this service.
Requirements to change your name on your Passport Book.
If your passport was issued less than one year ago and you have legally changed your name due to marriage or court order, submit the following to obtain a new passport:
- Your current, valid U.S. passport and a photocopy of the bio page.
- Completed Form DS-5504, Application for a U.S. Passport, Name Change, Data Correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement. You can print the form from the Department’s public facing e-Forms webpage to ensure you are using the latest version. Search the form number in the search box at the top of the main page (DS-5504). The form is accessible online using Google Chrome (not Internet Explorer) to open the link.
- Two recent, color Passport Photographs.
- If your name has changed due to marriage, your original marriage certificate will be required. In case of a name change by court order, the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change will be required plus a photocopy of that document
Passport book processing takes at least 5-7 weeks.
Passport card processing (if you choose to apply for it) can take 6-8 weeks.
If your passport was issued over a year ago, go back to our passport services link to see the required forms and documents that you will have to submit.
A notification email will be sent informing you that the new passport product is ready for pick up. No appointment will be needed in order to do so.
- In person pick-up: Bring receipt showing payment
- Representative pick-up: Bring receipt showing payment and signed simple letter from applicant granting that authority.
- DHL Home Delivery Service: To take advantage of the home delivery service you must:
– Have your current passport cancelled at the time of your interview
– Bring DHL Airway Bill (AWB) to appointment
How to obtain DHL (AWB): You may request your DHL AWB by email or in person
1. By Email: Request your DHL Airway bill by sending an email to CL.POS.SANTIAGO@DHL.COM .
• On the subject line write “Ciudadano Americano” and your full name.
• In the body of the email Include the information below
Origen: Embajada de Estados Unidos.
Dirección Origen: Andres Bello 2800,
Las Condes, Santiago
Fono Origen 56- 2 2330-3000
Nombre de contacto: (your name)
Ciudad de destino: (city for final delivery)
Destino/Dirección: (your address)
fono contacto: (your phone number)
e-mail contacto: (your email address)
DHL will provide a quote and instructions to do a Transferencia.
2. In Person: You may also purchase your airbill in person at the nearest DHL office. Please tell the DHL staff that you are pre-paying for a U.S. Passport Service (Guía Aérea para Pasaporte Estadounidense).
Delivery fees range from approximately 5,000 to 10,000 CLP, depending on the delivery destination.
Note: Passport products must be delivered in a timely manner or be destroyed per U.S. Law. Should a passport product be destroyed due to delayed delivery, a new application process must be started, to include new appointment, new application forms, and a new payment of all applicable fees.
Schedule Your Appointment
Each family member seeking a passport service requires an individual appointment. Please schedule your appointment on-line at your convenience when your application package is ready.
Once you have scheduled your appointment, a confirmation page will pop up on your screen. You must print the Confirmation page and bring it with you to facilitate your entrance to the Embassy.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES SUCH AS CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE EMBASSY.