NOTICE: Passport services are available by appointment only. Please read the following instructions carefully before scheduling your appointment at the bottom of this page.
If your limited passport book was issued less than one year ago, you must submit the following to obtain a full validity passport:
- Your limited validity U.S. passport and a photocopy.
- Completed Form DS-5504. You can print the form from the Department’s public facing e-Forms webpage to ensure you are using the latest version. Search the form number in the search box at the top of the main page (DS-5504). The form is accessible online using Google Chrome (not Internet Explorer) to open the link.
- Print out and write legibly in block letters. All applications must be filled out in black ink.
- Box No. 5 on application: Social Security Number is a mandatory field. What if I don’t have a SSN? Please print one- sided pages. Remember to sign the application.
- One recent, color passport photographs
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship, such as a U.S. Birth Certificate, Citizenship or Naturalization Certificate, previous expired old passport or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Please submit a photocopy along with the original document.
- Valid government issued ID, such as a Chilean ID or a U.S. Driver license and a photocopy of the front and back of this ID document.
- Pre-paid, self-addressed DHL airway bill. (If unable to pick up passport product within five days.)
If your limited validity passport was issued less than a year ago, there is no fee for this service.
If it was issued over a year ago, you will need to apply for a full validity passport using the appropriate application form, submitting required documents and paying the applicable fees. Select the one that fits your situation from the options below
Passport processing takes 2-3 weeks, so please keep this timeframe in mind and plan your travel accordingly.
A notification email will be sent informing you that the new passport product is ready for pick up. No appointment will be needed in order to do so.
- In person pick-up: Bring receipt showing payment
- Representative pick-up: Bring receipt showing payment and signed simple letter from applicant granting that authority.
- DHL Home Delivery Service: To take advantage of the home delivery service you must:
– Have your current passport cancelled at the time of your interview
– Bring DHL Airway Bill (AWB) to appointment
How to obtain DHL (AWB): You may request your DHL AWB by email or in person
1. By Email: Request your DHL Airway bill by sending an email to CL.POS.SANTIAGO@DHL.COM .
• On the subject line write “Ciudadano Americano” and your full name.
• In the body of the email Include the information below
Origen: Embajada de Estados Unidos.
Dirección Origen: Andres Bello 2800,
Las Condes, Santiago
Fono Origen 56- 2 2330-3000
Nombre de contacto: (your name)
Ciudad de destino: (city for final delivery)
Destino/Dirección: (your address)
fono contacto: (your phone number)
e-mail contacto: (your email address)
DHL will provide a quote and instructions to do a Transferencia.
2. In Person: You may also purchase your airbill in person at the nearest DHL office. Please tell the DHL staff that you are pre-paying for a U.S. Passport Service (Guía Aérea para Pasaporte Estadounidense).
Delivery fees range from approximately 5,000 to 10,000 CLP, depending on the delivery destination.
Note: Passport products must be delivered in a timely manner or be destroyed per U.S. Law. Should a passport product be destroyed due to delayed delivery, a new application process must be started, to include new appointment, new application forms, and a new payment of all applicable fees.
Schedule your Appointment
Each family member seeking a passport service requires an individual appointment. Please schedule your appointment on-line at your convenience when your application package is ready.
Once you have scheduled your appointment, a confirmation page will pop up on your screen. You must print the confirmation page and bring it with you to facilitate your entrance to the Embassy.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES INCLUDING CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS ARE PROHIBITED AND ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE EMBASSY.