U.S. Embassy, Santiago, Chile
Effective October 13, the U.S. Embassy in Chile will resume limited regular services for American citizens, including applications for passports, passport renewals, and notarial services. To ensure social distancing, the number of appointments has been reduced. If you require a passport for imminent travel and cannot find an available appointment, please send an email to SantiagoUSA@state.gov. Please take note of the following:
- Cashier services at the Embassy may be limited, so you should plan on paying for services with exact change, either in U.S. dollars or Chilean pesos. If you plan on paying Chilean pesos and need to know the current exchange rate, please email SantiagoUSA@state.gov once you have an appointment scheduled
- If you do not have exact change, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment
- If you are requesting an emergency passport for imminent travel to the U.S., you may be asked to submit confirmation of your flight itinerary or tickets in addition to the other documents required
- If you have been contacted by the Social Security Administration regarding a requested service, and have been informed to go to the Embassy, please email SantiagoUSA@state.gov for additional information
- You must schedule an appointment for each individual service. For example, if you are a family of four requesting four passports, you must schedule four services online, not one service. If you schedule only one appointment but are requesting multiple services, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
Please follow all guidelines and posted signs in the Embassy regarding social distancing measures. Note that the Embassy has not resumed full visa services.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Santiago, Chile
Phone number: +56 2 2330 3000
Email address: SantiagoUSA@state.gov
Embassy website: https://cl.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.