For one week each April, we join with the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, to celebrate America’s treasures. National Park Week is a time to explore amazing places, discover stories of history and culture, help out, and find your park!
The theme for National Park Week in 2018 is “Park Stars,” celebrating everything from starry skies to superstar volunteers, park features, and resources. Parks, programs, and partners nationwide invite people everywhere to explore stories, experiences, and sites that brighten the National Park System and public lands.
Get ready to celebrate National Park Week 2018 from April 21 through 29! Parks across the country will host a variety of special programs and events.
- April 21: A Fee Free Day
- National Junior Ranger Day
- Volunteer Day (part of National Volunteer Week)
- April 22: Earth Day—Let’s get out and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System and the Wild & Scenic Rivers System!
- April 28: Military & Veteran Recognition Day
- April 29: National Park Rx Day
For our park partners, there are great ways to engage with National Park Week through social media and other programs! Email us to receive a toolkit with more information, graphics, and resources to help you with this!