Transportation Letter/ Boarding Foil
To board a flight bound for the United States, every U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) must present evidence that they are entitled to such status. This proof may be a valid “green card,” appropriately stamped immigrant visa, or other documentation from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
If your “green card” has been lost or stolen, or you are otherwise unable to demonstrate current LPR status, you can apply for a Boarding Foil, valid for one entry to the United States within 30 days of issuance. You should not leave the United States again until you have applied for and received your new card. You can apply for your replacement card electronically through the USCIS website.
In order to apply for Boarding Foil at our Consular Section you may come any Wednesday between 8:30-10:00 a.m. or you may contact the immigrant visa unit by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This process will include the taking of your fingerprints and an interview with the Consul. You will need to bring the documents, forms, and photos listed below.
Please note that the Consulate is closed on U.S. and Chilean holidays and on certain administrative days.
Forms and documents required for the application:
- To this I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)(Print and answer ALL questions).
- Please print and bring confirmation of fee payment to USCIS of I-131A USD: $575.00
- Valid passport.
- Two passport sized photos.
- Police Report documenting when the Green Card was stolen (if applicable).
- Proof of legal permanent residence (for example: copies of passport pages with US entry or ADIT stamps, DHS approval forms, Green Card, etc.).
- Original Airline ticket (boarding pass) of your last U.S. departure.
- Your A-number (alien registration number).
Please note that individuals who have remained outside of the United States for more than one year without authorization will not be issued a Boarding Foil.
Conditional Residents, whose conditional status has expired, will not be issued a Boarding Foil unless they can demonstrate that the conditions of their residency have been removed.
Once an application is approved, we usually are able to issue the Boarding Foil within 1-2 working days. You will be contacted once the Boarding foil is ready to pick it up personally.